The ISS Education cashless payment system removes the hassle from dinner-money collection.
Known as CASMAS, it gives parents and guardians the opportunity to pay for their child’s meals in advance, rather than on a daily basis. And importantly, it removes money collection duties from School staff, freeing them to focus on their core responsibilities.
CASMAS means Caterhouse School Meals Accounting System.
The main business of ISS Facility Services – Education is providing school dinners. Dinner money collection is coincidental to providing meals.
CASMAS evolved from dinner registers. ISS Education can provide a quick, straightforward and reliable system to replace manual dinner registers and dinner money collection.
The key benfits of CASMAS
- Admin and Management – the CASMAS system reduces the time taken up by the school secretary and the dinner lady
- Increase meal throughput at peak times – ensuring that everyone that wanted a meal could be served in the set lunch break
- Management of customer accounts – If the child is absent from school and misses a meal, the balance will be carried forward on the child’s account.
- Versatile paying in – accept payment by cash or cheque which saves any child having to carry cash, and makes sure that dinner money is used for that purpose.
- Parent’s information – The CASMAS system is able to provide parents with an individual statement on student’s spending on request.
- Security and safety – A child would only be allowed to have a single meal on any one day, once the card has been scanned, any further attempt to have the card scanned would result in it being rejected.
- Free Meal Anonymity – Encouraging more free meal students to use their entitlement by introducing anonymity and removing stigma, therefore, reducing the opportunity for bullying. Pupils on free meals have the same card, and are offered exactly the same service as those paying for a meal.
- Money Safety – Once loaded onto the card, the money is safe, even if you lose your card, the balance is protected.
- Easy to use – the card is identical and the money is credited automatically, the child does not need to do anything.